Activities for You and Your Children
Fun activities for you and your elementary school child
- Make tonight a 'No TV' night with your family. Ask your child to help select games or stories, and spend some quality time with him.
- Help boost your child's self-esteem. Take pride in her achievements and accomplishments today and every day.
- Make learning to write letters and numbers fun for your child. Roll playdough or clay into long thin worms and ask her to create letters and numbers.
- School's on the way! Help your child make a 'countdown to school' calendar. Ask her to cross off each day at bedtime.
- Encourage your child to make a 'to do' list today. Help him make a list of things that he would like to accomplish tomorrow, then check the items once completed.
- Teach your child about recycling. Show her how to recycle items such as paper, glass and aluminium.
- Visit the library with your child today. Encourage her to borrow books about a different country, and learn about the people, cultures, and customs of the that country.
- Help your child practice her math skills. Ask her to add up all the change in your pocket or purse.
- Tell your child that you love her today and every day.
- How much does your child know about her family history? On a map trace where your family is from and help her create a family tree.